9.17.2007

I feel old

My little boy is a kindergartener! I can't even believe it. He grew up so fast. I'm a little sad. I've noticed he doesn't want me babying him with hugs and kiss as much. But I guess it's a part of growing up - Despite the many pouty faces and "awww mom"s that I hear. On a side note - what is with school supply lists nowadays? Why the hell does the teacher need a pack (per child) of 100 brown paper lunch sacks or 3 different size Ziploc bags including to superhuge ones or 3 cans of clorox wipes per child. I swear they are stockpiling for Armageddon! Not to mention during registration they sell school tshirts (which every kid wants and the line is a mile long around the corner) - they do that on purpose, knowing the kids have to have one. Our school is outrageous - since when do they charge to join the PTO? Not only that - why are school functions held at freaking 3pm in the afternoon??? Like people don't have to work! I had to take a whole day off for "meet the teacher" because my son's was at 11am, meanwhile, my daughters was at 3pm. I remember back in the day PTO meetings and school functions were at 7pm. Time enough to drive in traffic, pick up the kids, feed'm and go to the school function with time to spare. I feel REALLY old.

3 Comments:

  1. kimmyk said...
    yeah i never understood the school list thingamajig either. but i guess they need supplies and cuts and all that jazz, somethin's gotta give-[translation=parents].


    Kids grow up so fast dont they? Sucks.
    devilishsouthernbelle.net said...
    They charge at my sons' school to join the PTO as well. I am thinking of joining, but......I already hate fundraisers, and really don't want to be even more in the thick of harassing parents!

    The supply list is an ongoing thorn in my side, especially when some of the stuff they ask for is sold out close to school time. I don't remember my mom ever having to buy stuff for me for school. Only pencils, colors, paper, notebooks. Never certain numbers of things or certain types of things. It boggles the mind, it does!
    NtPQ said...
    kimmyk - it does suck!, big time! He's lost that "baby" look (sniff, sniff). He's only 5 but so tall and looks like a big boy now!

    belle - I hear ya on harassing the parents, that's one of the reasons I don't want to join. We are lucky, the school does have pre-assembled packages for sale, so no worries about sold out school supplies.

Post a Comment