10.07.2007

Instant manager...

Don't ask about work... they are working us to death. My hands have been hurting from all the typing and now they no longer want us to justify our help desk workload by saying call volume, now they want call quality - geez, make up your minds!

Anyhow - in the midst of turmoil aka "restructuring" according to management, some smart person has decided to throw 2 interns into the mix to work 1/2 days helping out. Supposedly they had been trained in a summer program on computers, etc. Sure, they have basic knowledge. Unfortunely, they can't help very much.

We were not prepared to have 2 people who needed training start, especially during a very busy period. So the first month or so they just kinda hung out. Then I noticed they were not very busy. I decided to come to my manager and suggest they have a set of tasks to do... next thing I know, I'm an instant manager! Now I am the point person for them - they report to me and I manage their tasks.

That's the last time I suggest anything... ha-ha!

1 Comment:

  1. kimmyk said...
    oh hell i'd have them making dinner or somethin to keep 'em busy and out of the way. coffee run?

Post a Comment