6.10.2008

So let me update you: I've been spending a lot more time hanging out with the in-laws, especially the bil's. I have come to get to know them well and I think they now feel comfortable around me. Which is a good thing. Aside from that - things are going downhill like an avalanche at work. The NEW "plan" is dissolving 2 positions by the end of summer. Basically moving to a full call center! - where the tech answers the phone and fixes the issue right then and there. That SO sucks. Were not just talking - my Word won't do such and such... we are talking ANY issue. WTH! I am trying to move ahead, not go back to basic "geeksquad" support! In the meantime, I have been "window shopping" jobs and have had very little luck with the economy so tight right now, very few people are job hunting and the # of positions are few and far between. Between Gas prices and Summer Daycare... well, let's not talk about it.

2 Comments:

  1. devilishsouthernbelle.net said...
    Can definitely relate here. I love my job, but it is a 16-hours-or-less work week to begin with (at my choosing) and now they only usually use me from 4-8 hours. I also don't have daycare to contend with, but I have to drive 35 minutes one way. So gas is a huge issue for me as well.

    Good luck on the job hunt. It's a mess out there.

    Glad to hear about the hanging out and getting to know the family better. My SIL just deleted me from her myspace friends list not too long ago!

    -dsb-
    kimmyk said...
    yeah you updated!

    i hate looking for a job. i hate gas prices now. and my new drive is 40 mins each way. i hate it. it's gotta get better though right?

Post a Comment