1.15.2007

I feel like I'm running from the impending freeze that is quickly covering the city in only seconds Day After Tomorrow style! I swear I went outside and damn near froze in mid step! I've been home for an hour (turned the heater on when I walked in) and still have my trench coat on and my feet are not recovering from hypothermiathat has crept up to my knees.

I didn't sign up for this!

Blazing heat - ok. Humidity that can suffocate - no problem. Category 5 hurricanes - I'm there. But below freezing temps... Aw, hell no!

Schools have been announcing closures. The daycare too. My work said telecommute if the ice is heavy. The city is on standby for a full shut down.

All except the 1 store that has to sell cell phones while the city is at a stand still - my hubby still has to work. Geez - Like people are going to be running out buying cell phones while below freezing temperatures, freezing rain and icy roads plague the city...

5 Comments:

  1. kimmyk said...
    I hate being cold. Once I'm cold it takes me forever to warm up. I hate that feeling!
    devilishsouthernbelle.net said...
    It's really cold here, too, but no ice. I think we might get rain and flurries on Sunday. Snow and ice is so weird for Texas!
    NtPQ said...
    kimmyk - Rather be cold than hot! - but this is crazy! I can't remember the last time it was below 40 in Houston!

    Belle - We had lots of ice today, schools closed. There was a 20 car pile up on 1 frwy due to ice! It is very weird!
    devilishsouthernbelle.net said...
    I can't believe people actually went out in it......
    janet copenhaver said...
    I use that expression all the time.

    Are you using Belle comment thing? I don't see the box.

    Come visit me.

Post a Comment